Client Services Lead
Can UDig It?
UDig designs, builds, and implements technology solutions that deliver on business objectives. People join our team because they are excited to have an impact on the future of our organization, passionate about delivering meaningful results, and energized by solving complex problems. Oh, and they like working with other driven, smart, and authentic people.
UDig is proud to be recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in Virginia and Tennessee. We’re committed to fostering a transparent environment where leadership is accessible, professional development opportunities are abundant, and you are empowered to achieve your career goals. You’ll collaborate, develop deep relationships with teammates, and accelerate your success while having fun!
How Things Go Down as a Technical Delivery Manager
A typical day might entail:
- Requirements Gathering and Discovery
- Leading meetings with client stakeholders to understand and capture project requirements
- Writing, reviewing, or editing business and technical documentation
- Delivery Management
- Using your technical background to close the gap and ensure smooth integration between the technical and business side of UDig projects
- Actively managing client expectations through activities such as writing and delivering a project status report to key client stakeholders and leadership, managing expectations for realistic project delivery timelines
- Leading project standup, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and other agile ceremonies, acting as the bridge between key client stakeholders and the agile software delivery team
- Creating and maintaining a product backlog to ensure it is an accurate reflection of the business priorities and includes the right level of detail for both business and technical stakeholders
- Actively engaging with client stakeholders to seek out answers and details needed to keep the delivery team on track
- Collaborating with technical leads and solution architects from both UDig and the client
- Meeting with key client stakeholders to maintain strong relationships
- Contributing to internal UDig “fun/innovative” projects
- Career and job growth through UDig-provided training
Want to learn more? Hear directly from our teammates by checking out our ‘A Day in the Life’ blog series: https://www.udig.com/digging-in/day-in-the-life-patrick-kliebert/
Sound Interesting? Here’s the Technical Piece
Below are a few boxes you should be able to check if you’re interested: Don't check every box? Go ahead and apply!
- Required capabilities:
- Quickly assess and understand new business domains, challenges, and pain points
- Thoroughly understand a client’s business and technical needs and act as the bridge between the client stakeholder and the technical delivery team members
- Build strong relationships with colleagues and client stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience, including the following:
- Interviewing and eliciting requirements from business stakeholders
- Writing requirements, user stories, and other documentation
- Modeling business processes visually using techniques such as swim lane diagrams, flowcharts, and domain modeling
- Managing software development and/or data focused projects in an agile environment
- Writing and presenting project status and applicable metrics to executive stakeholders
- Building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience delivering custom software and data projects within the public sector (including state and local government) is preferred
- Prior consulting experience, including account management, preferred
- Experience managing greenfield data and software projects is a plus
- Technologies and tools:
- Comfortable working in a variety of agile project management and documentation tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira, Notion, Linear, and similar
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, understanding, and organizing datasets in a variety of formats such as Excel, CSV, JSON, and XML
What’s in It For You?
We provide continuous challenges and professional development opportunities at UDig within our unique culture that’s guided by our mission and values. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive salary with annual merit reviews, bonus opportunities, and career advancement tacks
- Flexibility through our ‘Work From Anywhere’ (remote working) policy
- $1500 Individual Training Budget
- Regular team building and social activities (virtual and/or in-person)
- Transparent culture with strong communication
- Great benefits like
- Generous Paid Time Off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Multiple Single and Family Health Insurance plans to choose from
- Dental & Vision coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Optional accident and critical illness coverage
- Office Setup Stipend
- 401(k) Matching
- ...and more!
We understand the importance of balancing life and work which is why we offer the ability to work remotely alongside opportunities to connect virtually and in-person. Because this role has face-face client commitments in a flexible, hybrid environment, we would like to find someone based in the greater Nashville area.