Principal Full Stack Software Engineer
Can UDig It?
UDig is a technology consulting company, and through creative solutions and problem-solving, our team builds custom software, data, and intelligent automation that transform businesses.
People join our team because they are excited by taking big ideas and building simple, impactful solutions. Teammates can assume more responsibility to gain valuable experiences not available within enterprises. Oh, and they like working with other smart, fun, and authentic people.
UDig is proud to be recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in Virginia and Tennessee. We’re committed to fostering a transparent environment where you are empowered to own your path and achieve your career goals. You’ll collaborate and develop real relationships with teammates in a flexible environment through our 'Work from Anywhere' remote working policy.
Ready to have fun and accelerate your success?
How Things Go Down as a Technical Lead, Senior Full Stack Developer
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders at the client to ensure solutions are aligned in achieving value-based outcomes.
- Lead a development team providing technical direction on large and/or complex projects.
- Software Engineering using your core skills ensuring best practices towards planning, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Planning and participating in project demos, back log grooming, and more!
- White boarding sessions with project teams and prospective clients to create proposals.
- Manage and encourage the growth of a team of 3-5 Software Engineers providing feedback, coaching, mentoring and accountability.
- Assist in the interview and selection process of new team members.
- Keep current with emerging technology and influence the direction of technical capabilities.
Want to learn more? Hear directly from our teammates by checking out our ‘A Day in the Life’ blog series: https://www.udig.com/digging-in/day-in-the-life-page-schmidt/
Sound Interesting? Here’s the Technical Piece
Below are a few boxes you should be able to check if you’re interested. Don't check every box? Go ahead and apply!
- Expert level experience in design and development of applications using .Net Core, C#, or Java. 8+ years of experience preferred.
- Previous consulting experience required in helping guide clients in solving business problems using technology.
- Ability to convert specifications about business problems into thoughtful and well-executed UI/UX
- Proficency developing APIs using REST and GraphQL
- Proficency in with Relational Databases (MS SQL, Postgres, NoSQL)
- Expertise in leading design and code reviews with peers to ensure compliance with standards/best practices.
- Experience defining microservice architecture and design patterns.
- Experience leading the implementation of solutions in Azure or AWS utilizing container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Storage Containers.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working in an agile development environment using tools like Jira, GitHub, GitLab, or Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrated experience setting expectations, providing feedback and guiding the career development of team members.
What’s in It For You?
We provide continuous challenges, career development opportunities, an authentic and fun community, and an environment where all team members have a voice and make an impact on our business as well as our clients’. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses, annual merit reviews, and career advancement path
- Flexibility through our ‘Work From Anywhere’ remote working policy
- Individual $1500 Training Budget
- Regular team building and social activities (virtual and/or in-person)
- Transparent culture with strong communication and access to leadership
- Great benefits like:
- Generous Paid Time Off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Multiple Single and Family Health Insurance plans to choose from
- Dental & Vision coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Optional accident and critical illness coverage
- Matching 401(k)
- ...and more!
We understand the importance of balancing life and work which is why we offer the ability to work remotely alongside opportunities to connect virtually and in-person. We’d love to find someone in our greater Nashville or Richmond communities, but will consider candidates outside the area as well. The following are preferred states of residence: AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI.